Unit 2 Assignment 2.2

Unit 2 Assignment 2.2

Outline: My film magazine is going to have a dark theme with hints of bright colours to draw attention to the reader. The contents of the magazine would also contain things like interviews with actors in popular movies and contests to involve the consumer and make the magazine seems like it has a personal touch with the person purchasing it.
The actual purpose of the magazine would be to deliver content about films to the consumer of said magazine.

The purpose of film review magazines differ greatly to that of a film poster. Some of the main features of which differs the two apart is that for a film poster the audience is gathering basic information from the poster. The poster will usually have a positive attitude to the film in the hopes of trying to get audiences to go and watch the film. In the case of the film "SuperWomen" there are constantly reviews at the top with ratings four and up from companies such as Empire or The Guardian. 
All this makes the film poster slightly biased with films constantly praising the film. Whereas in reality it might not be that good or a piece of the review might be taken and put on the poster and the word which is used helps to make the film better. Audiences are more likely going to be intriguing  to watch the film because of the reviews on the poster where they might think if companies such as Empire are rating it good it must be good. Therefore, being more inclined to watch it.

Target audience: My target audience is mostly older teenagers and adults who are interested in film and would be the type of person to enjoy content about film. But my film magazine would be mostly about action and horror movies and research has shown that males are more likely to enjoy these genres of movies more then women so my film magazine would be more targeted towards a male audience and the magazine would need to be targeted towards a older audience because of the horror movies featured within the magazine may be a little bit graphic and not suitable for minors or children.

Production costs
To produce my film magazine I do not want it to look or feel cheap because when I buy a magazine and it feels cheap it puts me off from buying it. So I want it to be of a higher quality so people would be inclined to buy it more. 
So it would cost about £3 or less if that is possible so that people would want to buy it but also get a good quality film magazine rather then something that feels less cheap then other film magazines I have had and seen in the past. I would prefer to keep the cost quite low but also produce a good quality magazine

Market your magazine: I would distribute the film magazine in shops and book stores like WH smiths and places like that where there is other magazines also but I would also offer a subscription service online so that you would get it sent to their house monthly and you would get a digital copy so it is marketed to all audiences.

Cost?:The magazine would cost a fair amount, because if we try to overcharged the reader they probably would not buy it so when looking at other magazines I saw that the normal copy of Vogue or Empire magazine were £2.99 and in my opinion that seems like a reasonable price (I looked at magazines that were not only film so I got a wider view on price ranges of magazines).

How many times would it come out each year?
My magazine would come out on a monthly basis because then it would give us the time to make a readable magazine full of new movies and content for the reader to enjoy rather than rushing it and not putting out as good content not rushed content that isn't good.

Because in my opinion I don't like when magazines come out weekly because you feel like you're forced to get them and then content is not as good as it could be if the magazine came out monthly because it would give the producers and the journalists time to produce good content for the reader.





Comments